Monday, November 23, 2009

Kureyon machine knit and felted handbag







I found the cutest pattern in the latest issue of Knitwords Magazine to make a felted, ruffled handbag from Noro Kureyon yarn. It proved to be a tad challenging, requiring immense concentration but was so worth the effort. I finished the first side in one sitting and the second side the next day. Then I felted it in my front-loading washing machine and let it dry for a couple of days. Over the weekend I made a lining for it and attached the straps. I think it's cute as can be and am going to love using it. It was knit on my Brother KH-270 bulky knitting machine. Bulkies cannot automatically knit lace patterns, tho they can automatically do the tucking stitches, which were tucked for three rows and then knitted back. So the lace is hand-tooled. The ruffled borders are triple strands of Kureyon, which were hand-knitted back, a needle at a time.

2 comments:

Laura said...

this is very sweet. i love how the colors vary slightly on the two sides also.
the lace felted well - kept it's design. nice to see!

Pam Carlson said...

thanks. This was really fun to do, tho required complete concentration during the hand-patterning rows.